Norðurflug Helicopter Tours belongs to the Responsible Tourism foundation since January of this year. We have set ourselves a number of goals to become more responsible when it comes to nature, tourism and our local community.
Our goals are set up by genre:
- To recycle paper, plastic, organic waste, bottles and batteries at the office/base
- To minimize the use of plastic at the office and during our tours.
- To purchase environmentally friendly products whenever possible
- To only use recycled paper for our brochure
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our guests
- To treat our guests with courtesy
- To prepare a manual for all staff members
- To make Norðurflug Helicopter Tours an enjoyable workplace where people enjoy coming to work and would recommend to others as a good employer.
- Being a family friendly company
- To prepare a yearly plan of charities we support.
From left: CEO Birgir, marketing manager Eva and Mr. Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, president of Iceland and protector of the Responsible Tourism initiative
The Norðurflug Team on a Buggy tour with one of our partner companies. In the yellow jacket is pilot Sólveig’s daughter, Unnur, an honorary member of the Norðurflug Family 🙂