1. Where are you from?
Reykjavik city but I usually add Vindheimar in Skagafjörður, that’s where my dad is from.
2. Do you have a nickname? Solla or Sola
3. How long have you worked for Norðurflug? Five years.
4. What part of this job makes you the happiest? Flying!
5. What is your favourite tour and why? Probably the Essential Iceland tour, you just get to see so much of the unreal Icelandic nature and land twice in 3-4 hours.
6. What is your favourite place in Iceland you’ve been so far? Of course Skagafjörður! But in terms of flying I’d say the highlands and especially the whole Fjallabak region, Kverkfjöll, Kerlingafjöll and the south side of Vatnajökull glacier.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure song, the one you can’t help but sing out loud in the car? I want to say Spirit in the Sky with Norman Greenbaum but honestly it is Sjúbbídú with Anna Mjöll.
8. If we were to ask your best friend, what’s your most embarrassingly funny moment? I can’t think of a “most” embarrassingly funny moment but either way they are not for the world wide web to know 🙂
9. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and enjoyed?
10. You’re being shipped off to a deserted island, what is the first thing you pack? Duck tape is the first thing that comes to mind. But maybe my gun, Opinel knife or a good lighter… it’s really hard to pick one.
11. What never fails to make you laugh? Bloopers in everyday life, the embarrassing and brutal truth that people that don’t take life too seriously can talk about.
12. What would be the best superpower in your opinion, and why? Well, despite healing the physically and mentally sick… Controlling the weather!